Marriages in the state of NH can be performed by any of the following:
- Justice of the Peace commissioned in NH.
- A minister of the gospel in NH who has been ordained according to the usage of his denomination, resides in NH and is in regular standing with the denomination.
- A minister within his parish, residing outside NH but having a pastoral charge wholly or partly in NH.
- Jewish Rabbis who are citizens of the US and reside in NH.
- A Deacon in the Roman Catholic Church ordained according to the usage of his denomination.
- Clergymen who are not ordained and non-resident ministers or Jewish Rabbis, after being licensed by the Secretary of State.